Growing a business requires a solid strategy grounded in facts. Tracking call statistics is a good way to keep up with changes in the industry and plan realistically for your business’ future. With these numbers, you can identify what your customers want and how you can structure your services accordingly. Customers no longer base their loyalty on brands prices, and products. They are more focused on their experience and level of satisfaction with a business. Take a look at the enlightening call statistics we’ve collected to help your business grow and maintain a positive customer experience.
Phone Calls Are an Important Part of Online Marketing
Consumers turn to the phone for subscriptions or purchases even when they can take action online. Invoca’s Call Intelligence Index sites that 65% of customers prefer to contact a business by phone, while 24% will turn to social media, chat, or web form for service subscriptions and product purchases. The study also established how online marketing channels drive calls to businesses.
About 70% of consumers use click-to-call functions from ads, with mobile search accounting for 48% of the calls and desktop search comprising 17% of the total call volume.
The Vast Majority of Consumers Prefer Calling Businesses
According to BrightLocal’s latest report, the relationship customers have with local businesses is much more personal. And this is reflected in how they communicate. The report found that 60% of consumers prefer to call local businesses over the phone, followed by emails with 16%, and 15% visiting the business.
This is also supported by a similar study by NewVoiceMedia that aimed to provide a snapshot of consumer attitudes toward customer service efforts. A whopping 75% of customers still believe that speaking to a customer service agent is the most effective way to get a response from businesses. For difficult inquiries, 38% of consumers would want to speak with a person on the phone.
Other statistics to show you just how important phone calls are for your business:
- No matter how much automated a business is, 86% of consumers want human engagement when dealing with businesses.
- 30% of consumers say not being able to talk to a friendly and knowledgeable agent is the most frustrating part of poor customer service.
- About 85% of individuals whose calls you miss will not call back.
- When customers have a service question, 90% of them rate an immediate response as very important. This is defined as 10 minutes or less.
- When a solution to a problem is provided on the first call, only 1% of customers are likely to go to a rival company compared to 15% when an issue is not addressed sufficiently.
- Poor phone skills leave a bad impression and 70% of people will stop dealing with a business after a bad experience. More than 60% will seek out competitors.
- American businesses lose $75 billion every year due to poor customer service.
If a person calls your company, it’s more likely that they’re keen on doing business with it. This time should be used to give callers the service that you’d want them to receive, close deals, and find out as much as you can. To make the most of the calls, you need to:
- Make sure that phone numbers are correct and the same across all your touchpoints, including your website, directories, social media, and any local sources.
- Ensure the phones are staffed, including after hours, weekends, and holidays so there is always someone to answer the phone.
- Train staff on phone etiquette, proper customer service, and converting leads over the phone.
- Explore how a call answering service such as the Best Call Center could free up employees and enhance your brand image.
The Best Call Center lets you offer callers a great first impression and the highest standard of customer service. We make it easy for you to make sure your phone calls are answered effectively and professionally. And no matter what time customers and clients call your business, they will be greeted by a live, friendly and knowledgeable agent.
Why not experience the Best Call Center difference today? Call us at 800-385-4656 or browse our call answering services to find out how we can help your business successful.